Trawicki Electric provides the Metro-Milwaukee area with the highest quality service at competitive rates. Trawicki Electric provides any type of residential wiring you may need ranging from repairs to remodeling to new construction. Our residential services include:
- Remodeling and additions
- Service changes / upgrades
- Appliance wiring
- Swimming pools
- Hot tubs
- Landscape lighting
- Adding receptacles / GFCI’s
- Surge Suppressors
- Electric Heating
- Tenant / Landlord service
- Trouble shooting outages
- 24-Hour emergency service
- Code compliance issues
- Insurance repairs / compliance
- Power outages
Many times simple outages can be taken care of by following a few of these simple tips. These tips can save the customer a simple service call by doing it themselves.
- Reset breaker or replace the blown fuse. Occasionally a breaker or fuse may blow due to several reasons. If the breaker trips immediately after resetting you may have a short in the circuit, requiring the service of an electrician. If the circuit holds for a short time and then trips you may have a loose connection somewhere or an overloaded circuit, requiring either a separate circuit to be installed to take on more of the load or an electrician to find out where that loose connection might be.
- Check to see if a GFCI receptacle has tripped. Many times during a storm GFCI receptacles become vulnerable to tripping due to their inherent sensitivity. Occasionally a surge may be sent through the house via the internal wiring, causing all electronic devices including the GFCI’s to burn up. Replacement of the GFCI’s should be completed by a qualified electrician
- Check to see if your neighbors have power. Many times if your neighbors also are without power it will be a power company problem and should be reported to the power company. Often during storms with considerable wind or snow/ice, power to only a single residence or building will be cut off due to the wiring to the building being pull down via falling trees. In a case such as this it is important to know NOT to go outside near the wires and that you should call the power company immediately for an emergency disconnect. Upon the disconnecting by the power company only then can an electrician complete the repairs to your electrical service.
If a certain area of the house or building is without power, try unplugging everything from it’s receptacle and then resetting the breaker or replacing the fuse. Many times a faulty cord, appliance, window air conditioner or other device is the cause of the fault.